As the name suggests, high blood pressure is a result of your blood pressure touching unhealthy and dangerous levels. The blood pressure measurement takes into consideration how much blood passes through your blood vessels and how much resistance it meets when the heart pumps it. For one, narrow arteries lead to increased resistance, the narrow your arteries, the higher the blood pressure will be. You can include yoga for high BP to get rid of this issue.
You should understand that high blood pressure, also known as Hypertension is a common health issue. It takes years for your body to develop this health problem and the majority of times you would not notice any symptoms. However, high blood pressure can still damage your blood vessels, and important body organs like the heart, eyes, brain, and kidneys.
Let us now understand a bit about the problem of hypertension in detail.
Hypertension – In Brief
The biggest problem in detecting high blood pressure is it is a silent condition and you normally do not experience any symptoms. It takes years for this condition to reach life-threatening levels and even these symptoms might be a result of other health issues.
However, there are still some common symptoms that you experience with hypertension. These include;
- Chest Pain
- Shortness of breath
- Blood in urine
- Nose bleeds
Let us now pay attention to what exactly causes the problem of blood pressure.
Reasons For High Blood Pressure
Firstly, you should understand that Hypertension is an independent medical condition. This means it does not occur as a result of some other health issue.
Given below are three major reasons why you might have the problem of hypertension.
- Stress is an important factor that is responsible for the problem of hypertension. Your heart beats faster and blood vessels contract which causes stress.
- If you do not do any physical activity or are obese, there is a high chance you would suffer from hypertension.
- If smoking, drinking, and drug use are your everyday routine, there is no doubt hypertension will also be a part of your life soon.
However, you can get rid of this issue by including yoga for high BP in your daily routine. Let us now understand how yoga can help you bring this issue under control.
Also Read:- Yoga Nidra Training
Why Practice Yoga For High BP?
You should understand that neither high nor low blood pressure is a good thing. You have to maintain a balance in your body for it to function well and without any problem. Although a good diet does help you maintain the optimum functioning of your body, the mind also plays a vital role. You should include yoga for high BP in your daily life to be free of unnecessary mental stress and clutter.
Given below are three solid reasons to include yoga in your regular life.
- Yoga helps synchronize your breathing with correct body movement. In the long run, this brings your blood pressure under control by relieving you of stress.
- Daily yoga practice improves your immunity and reduces the risk of heart problems.
- Including yoga asanas in your daily life helps regulate your weight that minimizes the risk of obesity and high blood pressure.
Yoga Poses For High Blood Pressure
With that said, given below are five yoga poses for you to get rid of high blood pressure.
1. Shishuasana (Child’s Pose)
This is an effective yoga for high BP pose that relieves you of stress and fatigue. It also brings your blood circulation under control.
2. Paschimottanasana (Forward Bend Pose)
Forward Bend Pose reduces fatty deposits in your abdominal region and helps you lose weight. It is an effective stress reliever and brings your blood pressure under control.
3. Sukhasana (Easy Pose)
This yoga for high BP asana calms and unites your body and mind. It also minimizes high blood pressure and brings more balance to your body and mind.
4. Badhakonasana (Butterfly Pose)
Butterfly Pose stimulates the heart and provides improved blood circulation throughout your body. It also relieves you of stress and fatigue.
5. Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose)
This yoga asana energizes your kidneys and relaxes the nervous system. The Bridge Pose regulates your blood pressure.
Also Read:- Yoga Poses for Seniors
High blood pressure is often a result of multiple factors like an unhealthy diet and sedentary lifestyle. However, you can practice yoga for high BP asanas mentioned above to bring this issue under control.