Can’t you sleep to the fullest because of trouble while sleeping? Well, you’re not alone facing the problem. It has been found that 30 to 40 percent of individuals (adults especially!) are facing issues while sleeping. However, 10-15 percent are suffering from intense insomnia. Well, worry not! There is some good news for those who are not able to have enough sleep. This article covers some guided meditations to help people have better sleep. So, let’s make you familiar with ins and outs of meditation for sleep yoga.
Before delving deep into the topic, let’s first understand what the guided meditation is. Read on.
What is Guided Meditation?
Guided meditation is a meditation practice when an expert or instructor leads you. You might be informed about how to focus on all parts of your body. Like other meditation forms, guided meditation will help you move your mind away from worries and relax your body so that you can easily drift off to sleep at night.
Best Guided Meditations for Sleep
- Deep Relaxation: As the name implies, deep relaxation meditation helps individuals calm both their mind and body. During this meditation, a student generally is guided using a soothing voice and music, which helps him/her deeply relax the body and have a better sleep.
- Binaural Beats: This is another meditation technique that helps in slowing down the brain activity of an individual and make him/her feel sleepy. Best of all, binaural beats meditation not only promotes sleep but also reduces the pain that may be forcing you to not having a proper sleep.
- Guided Meditation with Hypnosis: With the practice of this meditation for sleep yoga, experts help sleeping-stragglers to reprogram their subconscious mind and help them sleep. It is recommended that you join a well-knowledgeable school like Meditation for sleep center Rishikesh for the practice of this guided meditation type.
Doing the practice of this meditation type will help you change your thoughts and opinion about sleep and help you fight with anxiety and stress.
- If you want to get a full night’s sleep without any hindrance, then below-listed are some additional tips for you.
- Try to limit using smartphones or electronic devices showing blue light before 1 hour of going to bed.
- Make a sleeping and wake up schedule, and follow the same each night and each morning.
- If you have windows in your room, then it is better to make use of dark blinds, especially if you are going to bed for having sleep at odd hours.
- Make sure the temperature of your room is cooler or warmer as per the weather conditions. For instance, if there is scorching heat outside, then maintaining a cooler temp can help you enjoy better sleep.
- Drink plenty of water each day and add doing meditation practice to your daily routine.
- Comfort yourself before going to bed by wearing loose and breathable clothing.
Guided meditation for sleep is really helpful if you are facing a problem while sleeping at night. With the proper and regular practice of meditation for sleep, you would be able to slow your racing mind and have a better sleep. If you are looking for joining the best guided meditation, then you can join a Yoga Nidra teacher training rishikesh.
We wish you enjoy long-term health and wellness of mind!