Morning Yoga For Beginners – In comparison to a gym workout, yoga is a much better alternative if you want to stay mentally and physically fit. The main reason why many prefer doing yoga during the early morning hours is it loosens up the stiff muscles and joints. There are countless reasons why you should follow morning yoga for beginners’ schedules. Yoga helps you kickstart the day on a fit and healthy note.
The reason why you should do yoga in the morning is it helps your body stick to a proper sleeping cycle. Your body gets used to sleeping on time and getting up early for the practice. With a set morning yoga routine, you start the day with a relaxed mind and body. However, there is a lot more that morning yoga offers you when it comes to good health and well-being.
5 Reasons to Start Morning Yoga Practice
We all spend enough time taking care of the way we look externally. What about the internal? Real health comes by keeping your body and mind free of unnecessary clutter. Yoga practice offers you the best way to take care of your physical and mental health.
Keeping the above statement in mind, given below are five powerful benefits of doing yoga in the morning.
1. Rids You of Muscle Stiffness
When you sleep at night, your muscles rest and layers of connective tissues and other bodily fluids build up. Doing yoga for beginners in the morning loosens up your stiff muscles and joints and improves blood flow in your body. In short, Yoga helps you get rid of stiffness which leads to tight muscles and joints.
2. Improves Your Breathing
Do you know about the yogic technique of Pranayama? Numerous studies have been conducted that show how it improves your lung capacity. In the long run, doing Pranayama first thing in the morning also improves the functioning of all your body organs.
3. Releases All Stress
Taking an hour off every day for morning yoga for beginners brings your nervous system back on track. It gives you the opportunity to start the day with a relaxed mental state and releases the stress of the previous day. With a daily yoga practice in the morning, you balance the stress hormones which keep your body and mind in a healthy state.
4. Gives You “Me” Time
Taking some time out for yourself improves your overall productivity. The early morning yoga gives you that opportunity to develop inner peace and the energy to take on life’s challenges head-on. In the long run, this gives you personal time to concentrate on what you want out of life.
5. Say Goodbye to Caffeine
The first thing you normally do after waking up is sips a cup of coffee. However, that is not a permanent solution to keeping those energy levels up. You should try some morning yoga for beginners poses which provides you an instant energy boost to start the day without any caffeine.
However, for you to reap all these benefits, you must do the right yoga asanas. Yoga experts have come up with some yoga poses to kickstart your day with positivity and energy.
Poses to Do in Morning Yoga For Beginners Session
Starting the day with morning yoga for beginners poses improves your overall health and well-being.
Considering the above statement, given below are three powerful yoga asanas you should do in the morning.
1. Child’s Pose
The best way to start your morning is with a clean and deep breath. The Child’s Pose helps you open up the lower back and hips.
Also Read:- What Is Yoga Alliance Certification
Steps to Do Child’s Pose
- Get on all fours on the yoga mat/floor.
- Keep your knees wide open and the big toes close so that they touch each other.
- Let your belly fall comfortably between your thighs.
- Bring your forehead closer to the mat.
- Extend your arms in front of your body with both palms touching the mat.
- Inhale and exhale deeply.
2. Cobra Pose
If you want to give your chest, shoulders, and abs a good stretch, do this morning yoga for beginners asana. The Cobra Pose also strengthens your arms and butt.
Steps to Practice Cobra Pose
- Lie down on your stomach on the mat/floor.
- Keep your legs shoulder-width apart and the top of your feet on the mat.
- Bring your hands underneath your shoulders. Keep both elbows tucked into your body.
- Inhale Straighten your arms.
- Push through the top of your feet.
- Slowly lift your chest off the mat. Push your shoulders back.
- Stop straightening your arms when your pelvis loses contact with the mat.
- Inhale and exhale for 30 seconds.
3. Chair Pose
Do you want to strengthen your legs, back, and shoulders? Do the Chair Pose. This yoga asana gives a healthy challenge to your body balance.
Also Read:- How To Activate Chakras With Meditation
Steps to Practice Chair Pose
- Stand with your feet together.
- Inhale deeply.
- Bring your arms overhead directly.
- Exhale. Start by sitting back into your hips and bend your knees.
- Stop after your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Roll your shoulders down and back.
- Try pushing your tailbone towards the mat. Breathe.
4. Bridge Pose
One of the best poses for lower back pain is the Bridge pose. It strengthens your lower back, hips muscles, and spinal joints.
Steps to Do Bridge Pose
- Lie flat on your back
- Take your feet in the direction of your head
- Place feet whole on the ground
- Move your arms close
- Engage your core and lift your waist with your legs
- Let your chin touch your chest while lifting
- Squeeze your hips hard for better results
5. Superman Pose
The Superman pose not just works on your back muscles but also expands your front muscles. Further, it targets the smaller muscles that help in supporting the bigger muscles of your body.
Steps to Do Superman Pose
- Lie on your stomach
- Extend your legs fully
- Position your arms by your head
- Engage your core muscles
- Lift your legs and arms to your side
- Make sure your chest stretches and your back contracts
- Form the neutral position and repeat.
6. Boat Pose
Core strength is crucial in practicing various yoga poses. That is where the Boat pose comes into action. It targets your abdominal muscles along with obliques as well as leg muscles.
Steps to Practice Boat Pose
- Sit on floor
- Fold your legs
- Position your heels on the ground
- Straighten your spine
- Use your knees to place your hands
- Engage your abdomen & lift your legs
- Make a ‘V’ with your body
- Be conscious of your breathing
Are you used to sipping a cup of coffee the moment you wake up? You should try this morning’s yoga for beginners asanas to get that boost of energy without caffeine. Yoga activates your stiff muscles, joints, and also improves the functioning of your nervous system.
Read More:- The Complete Guide To 8 Limbs Of Ashtanga Yoga