Yoga For Belly Fat- Unnecessary belly fat is a major reason behind many health problems. Lack of exercise and an unhealthy diet further add to this problem. Moreover, if you have stress in your personal and professional life, it leads to unnecessary fat gain. Including yoga for belly fat in your routine can help you get rid of this problem.
Your body is vulnerable to many serious health problems like high blood pressure, asthma, breast cancer, colon cancer, and heart attack due to unwanted weight gain. In other words, the wider your waist gets, the higher the risk of getting health issues. Choosing pharmaceuticals and fat-burning supplements only works to a limit and often backfires on you.
With that said, let us first understand what causes you to have belly fat in the first place.
Belly Fat – In-Brief
There are three reasons behind sudden weight gain. Read further to know more.
1. Too Much Alcohol
Heavy alcohol consumption is the leading cause of not just unnecessary weight gain, it also causes inflammation and liver damage. Moreover, recent studies have shown that drinking alcohol causes you to accumulate unnecessary fat around your belly.
2. Lack Of Exercise
If you are consuming more calories than your body requirement these simply cause the problem of overweight. Moreover, a lifestyle devoid of any physical activity only causes your belly to gain unwanted fat. You should practice yoga for belly fat to get rid of this issue.
Unfortunately, some factors are completely out of your hands. Scientific experts claim that your genes can also influence your metabolism and risk of gaining unnecessary fat.
However, these factors can be taken care of with the right diet and exercise. Let us find out how yoga helps you get rid of belly fat.
Yoga For Belly Fat – How It Works?
If you think that yoga is only for physically fit and flexible people, think again. Everyone from a little kid to a retiree can practice yoga and reap its mental and physical benefits.
Read further to know how regular yoga practice helps you stay in shape and get rid of that unnecessary fat.
1. Increases Heart Rate
There are yoga asanas that help you burn fat. Take for instance the Sun Salutations that help your body burn calories. In the long run, regular practice of yoga helps you lose unnecessary fat.
2. Toned Muscles
Specific body movements like stretching when practicing yoga for belly fat shape your muscles in a different way than working out at a gym. There are yoga asanas that help you not just lose weight but also help you develop a toned physique.
3. Improves Lifestyle Choices
As stated above, a poor diet is responsible for unnecessary weight gain. The regular practice of yoga helps you make the right lifestyle decisions. Whether that is including a quality diet into your lifestyle or making exercise a habit, yoga helps you make tough decisions.
However, that is not all as there are specific yoga asanas that help you lose belly fat.
Also Read:- Yoga Poses for Seniors
Yoga Asanas For Losing Belly Fat
Given below are three yoga for belly fat asanas to help you get fit.
1. Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
Popular as a warm-up yoga pose, Tadasana or the Mountain Pose improves blood circulation and prepares your body for further yoga practice.
Steps To Practice Mountain Pose
- Stand on the yoga mat with your feet flat and heels slightly apart.
- Stretch your hands to the front. Keep your palms close to each other.
- Inhale and slowly stretch your spine upwards. Raise your arms above your head and stretch as much as you can.
- Try lifting your ankles during the stretch and stand on your toes.
- Look upwards and keep breathing in and out.
- Hold this position for at least 20 seconds. Exhale and bring your feet back to the yoga mat.
2. Pavanmuktasana (Wind Relieving Pose)
This is the best yoga for belly fat asana to get rid of indigestion and constipation. Holding this asana for more than a minute helps burn fat in your belly region.
Also Read:- Yoga Teacher Training Rishikesh:Everything in you must know
Steps To Practice Pavanmuktasana
- Lie down on the yoga mat with your face upwards. Place your arms on either side of your body.
- Stretch out your feet and heels. Both should be touching each other.
- Bend your knees. Inhale deeply and while exhaling bring your bent knee towards your chest. Wrap your arms around the bent knees.
- Inhale and while exhaling, lift your head to let your chin touch the knees.
- Hold this asana for at least 60 seconds.
- Exhale slowly and come back to the starting position. Relax.
3. Balasana (Child’s Pose)
The Balasana provides a gentle massage to your abdomen and the digestive system. It is a great yoga asana to help you get rid of belly fat.
Steps To Practice Child’s Pose
- Sit on the yoga mat on your knees and keep your heels slightly apart. Keep your hands on your knees and spine completely straight.
- Inhale and slowly stretch your arms in the upward direction. Exhale and bend forward to touch your palms and forehead to the yoga mat.
- Stay in this position for some time. Breathe normally and keep your stomach tucked in.
- Inhale and come back to the starting position slowly.
Unnecessary belly fat is the leading cause of many health-related problems like heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and Alzheimer among others. You should include yoga for belly fat to get rid of this issue and live a life free of any weight-related health issues.
Read More:- Best Practices of Yoga For Covid 19 Prevention