Yoga Nidra Retreat in Rishikesh
Come and join Yoga Nidra retreat at Meditationforsleep.yoga, Rishikesh. The Yoga retreat is structured carefully to allow you to experience not just the physical aspects of yoga but also yoga, various yogic kriyas, and yoga Nidra (yogic sleep) besides some rejuvenating massages, community service, and much more!
Learn to be awake yet asleep with yoga nidra (sleep yoga), the practice of sleeping consciously. Combining relaxation techniques with the unique practice of “Exercise Without Movement,” sleep yoga helps us travel deeply within. The goal is a greater inner awareness of the body, our states of consciousness, and how the mind manages the body. Benefits include relaxation of the heart, skeletal muscles, and nervous system, reduction of stress and stress-related diseases, and deep conscious rest that reduces the need for sleep. Yoga Nidra techniques are excellent for practitioners of all ages.
Highlights of the Yogic Sleep
- Experience holistic healing of Body-Mind-Heart
- Explore and experience profound transformation into your life
- Opportunity to learn and experience many contemporary meditation practices
- Renew a sense of deeper Relaxation, Vitality, and Motivation for life
- Learn and trained in the step by step systematic and scientific procedure of Yoga Nidra practice
- Become a certified Yoga Nidra Teacher to heal and help others
- Direct your energy & intelligence towards self-awakening and expansion of consciousness
Why Should I Take Yoga Nidra Teacher Training?
This training is designed to present both the spiritual side of Yoga Nidra, as well as its practical, therapeutic applications for those suffering from anxiety, trauma, and PTSD. We are deeply committed to helping guide students to a place where they feel safe and supported to heal.
Sleep Yoga Retreat Course Curriculum
Practice Relaxation & Preparation for Yogic Sleep
- Introduction to the concept and practices of relaxation
- Relaxation in daily life
- Sequence of relaxation practices
- Tension & relaxation exercises
- Systematic relaxation exercises
- 31 points relaxation exercise
- Preparations for Sleep Yoga
Yoga Nidra (Sleep Yoga)
- 61 points (deep relaxation moving into Yoga Nidra)
- 61 blue star practice
- Yoga Nidra practice – 1
- Yoga Nidra practice – 2
- Jalandhara-bandha (chin lock)
- Uddiyana-bandha (abdominal lock)
- Moola-bandha (root lock)
Yoga Nidra (Sleep Meditation)
- 61 points (deep relaxation moving into Yoga Nidra)
- 61 blue star practice
- Sleep Yoga practice – 1
- Sleep Yoga practice – 2
Hatha Yoga Asanas
- Meditative steps of performing the hatha yoga; centering, entering, refining, holding, coming out, and reflection
- Surya namaskar (sun salutations)
- Types of yoga asanas – standing, sitting, backward bending, forward bending, spinal twisting, fire series, inversion, shavasana etc.
- Yoga asanas benefits
- Intro to mantra science
- Morning prayers & Evening prayers
- Surya-namaskara 12 mantras along with bija mantras
- Meditation in daily life
- 2-5 minutes meditations
- Beginning Meditation
Breathing & Pranayama Practices
- Establishment of diaphragmatic breath
- 1:1, 1:2 and 1:4 breathing practices
- Different practices of pranayama: nadi-shodhana, ujjayi, kapalabhati, bhastrika, shitali, shitkari, and brahmari
- Benefits of pranayama practices
Yoga Philosophy, Life-Style, & Yoga Ethics
- Introduction to Indian philosophy
- Astanga-yoga: yama, niyam, asana, pranayam, pratyahara, dharana, dhyana, and samadhi
- Philosophy of Yoga Nidra
- Yamas and Niyamas
- The Yoga-sutras of Patanjali on Yoga Nidra
- Yoga Ethics
Who Can Join Yoga Retreat For Meditation?
- If you are a yoga teacher and you want to enrich your teachings
- In case you are a meditation teacher and want to bring more depth in your teachings
- If you are a person dealing with lots of pressure in your work environment and don’t have a proper method to deal with stress
- In the event that you are in need of rest and healing
- If you have been diagnosed with any symptoms of the stress-related physical or mental condition affecting your health
- On the off chance if you are a complete beginner but want to maintain good mental health for years to come
You all can join. In fact, this course has a very wide spectrum of application; it is good for anyone who wants to have and maintain positive, disease-free, and healthy life.
Yoga Nidra Retreat can be applied in many different situations. It can be the cherry-on-top after a strong yoga class, or therapeutically applied to your private clients suffering from insomnia or anxiety. It can be a powerful practice to share in the context of palliative care to help patients manage chronic pain. Yoga Retreat for
meditation can also be used in hospitals to help patients manage anxiety before surgery. Yoga Nidra is often used in recovery centers to treat clients dealing with addiction. Parents of anxious children will learn a powerful way to calm down their children; when practiced regularly, Sleep Yoga will dramatically decrease anxiety levels.
Basic Guidelines You Need to Know
Practice and non-attachment are the basic means of bringing fruits of yogic effort. General rules help Yoga aspirants to exercise restraint in order to remain dedicated to their practice. Adherence to certain yogic codes even for a short duration can bring perceptible change in one’s learning and personality.
Yoga is a discipline of body, mind, and spirit. Keeping in view, the rules and regulations are made to enhance the quality of the mind. They are a part of the Yogic Lifestyle. Regardless of the type of yoga class you join at Meditation For Sleep Center in Rishikesh, here are some basic rules and regulations you have to follow while your stay:
- Students have to arrive one day before the commencement date of the course.
- Participants should adapt to the yogic lifestyle of the school as soon as possible.
- It is compulsory for students to attend all classes. Exceptions would be in the case of illness.
- Students will have to reside in the school premises throughout the duration of their course.
- Students should take care to maintain the peaceful decorum provided by the school. They must take the utmost care not to disturb the peace of fellow students.
- Smoking, drinking, or any kind of drugs is highly prohibited in the school. Students should back to the room by 9:00 pm.
- During the classes, mobile phones, cameras, and recording equipment are strictly forbidden.
- Students have to maintain a yogic atmosphere.
- No friends, relatives, or guardians of participants are allowed in the school during the training program.
- School reserves the right to discontinue the student from the course in non-compliance to rules, indiscipline, misconduct, and moral turpitude.
- Unnecessary food like non-veg is not allowed during the course, the food in the yoga school is purely vegetarian, to experience a holistic and ayurvedic lifestyle. Please don’t bring any outside food to eat.
- Clear your account before departure from meditatioforsleep.yoga.
- Students should be punctual. Late entry in classes or during the meal is not allowed.
- Always behave respectfully towards all teachers, staff, and other students in the group.
Daily Schedule of Yoga Retreat For Yogic Sleep
05:00 am: Wake Up!
6:00 – 06:30 am: Yoga Asana Practice
06:30 – 07:30 am: Pranayama & Mantra Chanting
07:30 – 08:30 am: Warm-up exercises, joints, and glands following hatha yoga asanas
08:30 – 10:00 am: Breakfast
10:00 – 11:15 am: Supportive Yogic Practices for Yoga Nidra Session
11:15 – 01:00 pm: Sleep Yoga (Workshop – 1, Philosophy & Practice)
01:00 – 02:30 pm: Lunch and Rest
02:30 – 03:45 pm: Yogic Sleep (Workshop – 2, Practice)
04:00 – 04:15 pm: Tea break
04:15 – 06:00 pm: Astanga Vinyasa sessions
06:30 – 07:30 pm: Dinner
07:30 – 08:30 pm: Guest lecturers/Satsanga/Meditation/Audios and videos/Self study/Inner dialogue/Q&A Session on Yoga Nidra/Teaching Practicum
09:00 pm: Lights Off & Rest
Please Note: Schedule is subject to changes without prior notice.